.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
CHECK OUT MY VIDEO INTERVIEW WITH PETER WALSH from TLC's Clean Sweep.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Doesn't that bite!?

I've been thinking of how much companies really can rip you off. It started when I've been buying the single packs"Just for One" of Green Giant broccoli and cheese for my daughter. She loves broccoli. But I'd prefer to give her the broccoli florets and not the stems! The entire thing has maybe 5 or 6 florets in them and all the rest are stems. It's just seems like a rip off since the photo shows a spoon full of florets. They know if they put a spoon full of stems on the front of the package you wouldn't buy it!

Would you rather eat THIS
Or THIS
Here it is before I microwaved it. Mostly stems.
Here are the florets I pulled out after I microwaved it. A few small left over pieces in the container still, but very small. And this actually is a lot of florets from past ones I've opened! I was suprised at how many came out of this package.



Onto the "chicken" noodle soups! I don't eat the "chicken" in these soups anyway, but why say it has "chicken" in it when you get 4 or 5 pieces of "chicken". Notice how I put chicken in quotes, because the chicken they put in these soups look like some part of the chicken, but not the white meat and not something I'd actually eat.

On the spoon is literally all the MEAT I pulled out of the entire can of Campbells Dora Chicken Noodle soup. It fit on a baby spoon!

I don't know HOW they can call this chicken!

So the next time you buy a package of something, check to see if they are "embellishing" the ingredients and actually giving you nothing. Do you have any other items that rip you off with the ingredients? Please leave a comment and share! I'd love to know so I can keep my eye out.

Enjoy being a mom all day!

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

My kids LOVE brocolli with Velveeta melted on it. Yum yum! Oh and I am totally with you on the chicken noodle soup.