.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
CHECK OUT MY VIDEO INTERVIEW WITH PETER WALSH from TLC's Clean Sweep.

Thursday, September 4, 2008

When strangers kids act up.....What do you do??

I just got a season pass to our Children's Museum and I've been taking my 19-1/2 month old there regularly. It's great and she loves it! Today I was there and some kid, maybe 4 or 5, chucked a ball at my eye! On purpose! It was no accident! I was helping my daughter load up a bucket with these balls and this kid tossed one next to me and I looked at him. Then I bent over again to help her and "BAM" he chucked one right at my eye! I looked at him and said "Oww don't throw that at me it hurts" and he just sat there. No parent around to say anything, or at least they didn't see it.

Then some other kid came running over to where my daughter was trying to sit on this little push car and she jumped right on it! My daughter said "nnoooooooooo" and looked at me for help. I didn't know what to do! Luckily there was another one close by and I got that one for my daughter. I'm a wimp and couldn't tell this kid to get up and go get another one. UGH. I need to get better at defending my daughters play area if I'm going to be taking her around other kids more often!

Any advice on how to deal with strangers kids in public would be greatly appreciated!!! I can use the help.

Vote for my blog Mom All Day on Mom Blog Network
Enjoy being a mom all day!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I have some great therapeutic advice - kick that little kids ass! Ok, maybe that's not the best way to go. But still, I hate it when I'm in those situations and the parents do "nothing." No wonder the kids are acting out all over the place!

I've handled it the same way you have in the past. I tell the kid that "it's not nice" and that "my daughter isn't going to play with you now." Yes, it's sort of a threat, but I'm just an overprotective mom, I guess. I just dont' want my girls to be bullied and if I can step in, I usually do. But what I don't do is yell or use bad language to the offending child. I usually just let him/her know that they are not "being nice" and they need to back off...now!