.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
CHECK OUT MY VIDEO INTERVIEW WITH PETER WALSH from TLC's Clean Sweep.

Friday, January 27, 2017

Using a scale to make your portion intake easier

 When starting a diet routine, its important to count calories, at least for a while until you get use to portion size.  A scale is the best way to keep track of your food and calorie intake.  I got my scale years ago and love it.  It is simple to use and you can track ounces or grams.  It's a great use for making up my lunch portions for the work week.  I measure my turkey, carrots, chips, fruit etc, for the week, then put them in baggies and put them in the closet or fridge so all I have to do is grab a bag in the morning and go.   Then I write on the bag how much is in it, so I can keep track of my calorie intake each day on my Spark People phone app.

You can find many scales at Bed Bath and Beyond (Use your discount coupon you can find online or in the mail!) or Walmart, which may be less expensive and is where I found mine.



 Measures Ounces
Measures Grams
I measure all my cold items for the week and put my lunch/snack bag together and put in the fridge.  Then I measure and make a bag for my chips/protein bars/bread so all I have to do is grab my bag(s) in the morning and head out to work.  This would also be great just to use around the house as well.  If you don't feel like measuring everyday, just do it all at the beginning of the week an pull it out when your ready to eat.  Just make sure to mark your bag with how much is in each bag if your counting your calories and using the Spark People phone app to do it!

EAT LESS, WALK MORE!
Enjoying a Mom All Day!
Robyn

0 comments: