.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
CHECK OUT MY VIDEO INTERVIEW WITH PETER WALSH from TLC's Clean Sweep.

Sunday, January 15, 2017

EAT LESS, WALK MORE! Healthy food options and snacks when trying to lose weight.

Well, I'm back on the fitness track this year!   As of January 1st, I'm eating right again and starting to walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes a day.  So far I've lost at least 6 pounds.  I say at least because I didn't weigh myself on the 1st.  I didn't want to know what I weighed.  I waited until I felt like I had accomplished something to weigh myself, and so far it's about 6 pounds (referencing a weight taken at an October doctors appointment).   Part of the reason I use my blog is for reference of my recipes, and fitness goals!  I wanted to share some of my meals and snacks I've been eating (which are FAR better than the bowls of ice cream and bags of candy I was eating before I decided to take the new years fitness plunge)!  Trust me, its DIFFICULT to start eating right when your not use to it.  You have to go to the store, read labels, count calories and exercise... blah blah blah.  BUT, give it a week, just ONE week of seriously eating less, eating healthy and doing 30 minutes a day of exercise that makes you sweat for that week, and you'll start feeling better and be on a roll to success.  Your body and stomach will thank you.

In past posts, I blogged about great songs to work out or walk to, How many calories you lose by walking around the zoo or amusement park all day, and healthy items I eat that have lower calories, so I just thought I'd share a few photo's of what I've been eating lately that actually are very filling, now that I'm eating healthy.  And I've only been doing it 2 weeks!

NOTE:  All calories listed below are referenced from the Spark People app I use on my phone to count my calories, food intake, and exercise.  Depending on how much of each item you eat, will obviously change your particular calorie intake.  The Spark People App on my phone is so easy and simple to use!   I don't really have to search for any foods.  I just scan the item bar code with my phone, it shows up on my app and then I enter how much of a product I'm eating, and it logs it in automatically into my breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack category.  You can add a product to your "favorites" and it saves it so you can log it in at another time without scanning it again.

ALSO NOTE: I only count calories, I don't look at other things like carbohydrates, sugars etc.  Keeping my calories down, and exercising at least 30 minutes a day is what works for me.   I did it a few years back and lost 70 pounds in 7 months.  Unfortunately I didn't stick to it, so I'm back at it again and I know I can do it.



221 CALORIES
 3 egg white omelet
1/3 C of Krogers Mexican style cheese,
1 toasted slice Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Bread
I Cant Believe it's not Butter spread
Grapes.



159 CALORIES
1 slice Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Bread
1oz Sara Lee Honey Roasted Breast of Turkey
Hellmans Light Mayo
1oz Fresh Selection Petite Carrots
Kraft Classic Ranch Dressing, cool & creamy
.6-.7oz Simple Truth Organic Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
Grapes


282 CALORIES
1 slice Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Bread
1oz Sara Lee Honey Roasted Breast of Turkey
Hellmans Light Mayo
.5oz Simple Truth Organic Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
1C Dole All Natural Chopped Salad kit, Chipotle & Cheddar
Grapes



258 Calories1 toasted Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Bread
2oz Sara Lee Honey Roasted Breast of Turkey
Hellmans Light Mayo
14g Tostitos Cantina Chips
Grape Tomatoes
Grapes




MY FAVORITE SNACK.
40 CALORIE Fudgsicle and 1/2 TBSP of Peanut Butter spread on it!
YUMMY!  You get a great chocolate and peanut butter snack!
Or just enjoy a Fudgsicle alone for 40 simple calories!



80 CALORIES - Dannon Greek Yogurt
150 CALORIES Think Thin Protein Bars
I love these Dannon Greek Yogurts.  The Vanilla and Toasted Coconut Vanilla are my favorites.  And a great snack for just 80 calories in the big cup it comes in! 

I discovered the Think Thin Protein Bar when I was looking for a chocolate snack with protein.  These are delicious and gluten free for those who are interested in that.
They have so many to choose from for 150 calories.  A great afternoon snack!



I would LOVE for you to share your low calorie meals and snacks ideas with me.   I'm always looking for new ideas to keep things different.   I hope this helped someone who may be looking into eating better or who is already into fitness and looking for new ideas.

Eat Less and Walk more!
Enjoy being a Mom All Day!
Robyn

0 comments: