.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
CHECK OUT MY VIDEO INTERVIEW WITH PETER WALSH from TLC's Clean Sweep.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Dora and Diego Cupcakes!



My daughter just turned 5 and she has been talking about wanting Dora cupcakes for school since last summer! The day finally came and she still asked for me to make them. So I had to break down and go for it. I made Dora and Diego since there are boys and girls in her class. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be so I thought I'd share.

Bake cupcakes according to package directions.

Mix red, blue and yellow food coloring into white icing to get a tan color.
I think I did about 2 red drops, 1 or 2 blue drops and 3 or 4 yellow drops approx.
Add more yellow than the rest.
I had instructions to mix colors on the back of my gel food coloring box.

Print the pattern and lay on cookie sheet under wax paper.
Templates for: DORA and DIEGO
Melt chocolate and place it in a zip lock bag and make a tiny cut out of the corner.
Fill in each pattern with the chocolate.
I used Kroger brand chocolate that you can put the tray in the microwave and melt. EASY!
Refrigerate tray for just about 5 minutes to set (no longer or chocolate may turn white later).
Finish cooling chocolate on the counter until your ready to use them.

Get cupcakes and chocolate ready to assemble.

Ice cupcakes and add chocolate hair to top.

Gather your red gel icing for the mouth (or fruit candy if desired per NickJr. website), white icing and chocolate chips for the eyes.

Make blobs of white icing for the eyes and put a chocolate chips (pointy side down) in the center for an eyeball. Add a small white dot of icing to the chocolate chip for a "sparkle".

Add red gel icing for a mouth and VOILA!
Not masterpieces....but the kids were happy!


You can find the instructions for the cupcakes on Nick Jr. here. Mine don't look exactly like the ones they make on the website, theirs are more detailed and I improvised some to fit my needs, but they did great for preschool and the kids loved them.


Enjoy being a Mom All Day!
Image and video hosting by <span class=

0 comments: