.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
CHECK OUT MY VIDEO INTERVIEW WITH PETER WALSH from TLC's Clean Sweep.

Monday, May 3, 2010

Tackle It Tuesday - Organizing Coupons

FIRST off don't forget to check out my video interview with Peter Walsh that I did last week! There is some great tips on organizing and you can see his new collection from Office Max!

Now on to the tackle!
I have been looking around all week for things to organize since my interview with Peter and finally decided to tackle my coupons. They have been piling up forever. I knew I wanted to put them in a binder, but wasn't sure how I wanted to do it. So my friend told me she uses baseball card inserts and I thought I'd give it a try. (Thanks Kelly!)

My stack of coupons to be sorted through.
In process cutting the ones I'm keeping and discarding the expired ones.
TIP
Put your coupons on an envelope and use the envelope for your grocery list. Mark a "C" next to the items that you have a coupon for.


I decided to use a brighter binder and added some tab dividers with numbers and an index in the front. Then I can fill in the index with the coupon categories and correlate it with the numbers easier. I put the envelope with my list in the front so it's handy and can add my coupons as I make my list.


I added some clear inserts that hold baseball cards and put the coupons in them under the category number that they match from my front index.
TIP
To keep track of the expiration dates on your coupons, make a color coded list of months and mark a dot on each coupon so you can pull the expired coupons easier. This is of course if your keeping them in a category order, not in order of expiration date.


I hope this gives you some incentive to get your coupons in order if they aren't already. And if they are, please share your tips to storing and using your coupons! I'd love to hear them.

Bookmark and Share




UPDATED MAY 11, 2010.... Used the book for the first time yesterday and LOVED it! Worked wonderfully! I already had my coupons pulled an in an envelope with my list on it and just used the book when I came to something on sale already to flip through to see if I had a coupon. PERFECT!

Enjoy being a Mom All Day!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

9 comments:

alicia said...

Great tips. Love the color coded idea. This might help with all those expired ones.

Braley Mama said...

now that is some tackle, mine are bundled in my notebook:) Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

um - wow! this is all kind of amazing! you are one organized moma! thanks for the tips!!!

MollyinMinn said...

Oooh, I love the color coded dot trick! I will totally be doing that!

Upstatemamma said...

Oh wow!!! Look at that! I am so bad at using coupons!! I try but I never find good coupon deals and always buy generic.

Toni said...

I finally found a coupon organizer that works for me (through etsy) but I love the color coded dot idea! I may just have to start doing that. Sure would be much easier to pull out the dead ones :) Thanks!

Jenny said...

Awesome! I have the same type of system with baseball card slots, but I love how you have color coded them!

Marlene said...

What a great tip! I'm definitly going to use your storage method. I'm always throwing away expired coupons because I forget about them. Thank You!

My2Gs said...

I used the baseball card method for a while and found that when I got behind (which happened quite often) it became too overwhelming. I now have a new method that I'm hoping to take pictures of and blog about soon.....so stay tuned. lol :)