.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
CHECK OUT MY VIDEO INTERVIEW WITH PETER WALSH from TLC's Clean Sweep.

Friday, April 30, 2010

How to clean your microwave....EASILY!

So maybe I'm the last person on earth to know this little tip, or maybe there are others like me who never knew about it and will love this easy tip! If so I want to see comments that you've never heard this and will try it! I listed this in one of my other hint and tip posts, but thought I'd show pictures. I love pictures so much better. I purposely let my microwave get icky so I could show you an easy way to clean it. So here it is! Stuck on cooked food from all sorts of lunches, dinners and snacks. Yuck! The sad part is, this photo is actually cleaner than it has been in the past. lol

Step 1
One dirty microwave needed!

Step 2
Put a glass container in the microwave with at least 1-1/2 to 2 cups water *
Close the door and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
(*NOTE: Make sure you have at least this much water, boiling a small amount of water can result in it exploding! I know from experience...ooops)


Step 3
When the 5 minutes is up....KEEP THE DOOR CLOSED FOR 5 MINUTES! Do not open the door.... the steam from the boiling water will soften all the gunk.

Step 4
After 5 minutes, open the door, CAREFULLY remove the glass container.
HOT HOT HOT!! Use an oven glove or similar item to remove it.
Step 5
Wipe inside with a warm wet washcloth.
I take out the microwave tray (if you have one) and rinse it in the sink. This lets me get under the glass tray and wipe the bottom, top and all sides of the microwave. See how clean the tray is with ONE WIPE of the washcloth! t


FINISHED!
Beautiful, clean and it was so easy.


Bookmark and Share



Enjoy being a Mom All Day!
Image and video hosting by <span class=

4 comments:

Cari said...

Thanks for the tips! PS..I think we have the same microwave lol

alicia said...

Wow. Great tip. Thanks. Mine is starting to look a little nasty.

LifeAtTheCircus.com said...

I love this tip... am def going to try it!

Marni's Organized Mess said...

I've done that before too. OR used a wet sponge. Which also kills the germs in the sponge. ;)