.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
CHECK OUT MY VIDEO INTERVIEW WITH PETER WALSH from TLC's Clean Sweep.

Saturday, August 9, 2008

RECIPE - White Chicken Chili (crockpot)

So I tried a new recipe today. I actually was going to make stew, but when I went to look up the recipe, I saw white chicken chili instead and decided to make that. This is after I already bought the stew meat, potatoes and carrots. So I had to go back to the store for the chicken ingredients, but it was worth it.

It's a crockpot recipe from Betty Crocker "More Slow Cooker Recipes" that I've never tried before. Here is a picture of my bowl. Notice how I tried to be really professional like and
garnish it up. :)

***** 5 Stars being the best
* 1 Star being the worst

White Chicken Chili
Taste ****
Prep **

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into cubes or strips
1 cup dried great northern beans, sorted and rinsed
1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 tsp dried chopped oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1 can (10-3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
5 cups water
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp red pepper sauce
1 can (4-1/2 oz) chopped green chile's, undrained

MIX chicken, beans, onion, garlic, oregano, salt, soup and water in a 3-1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker

COVER and cook on low heat for 8-10 hours or until beans are tender and chicken is no longer pink in center.

JUST before serving, stir in cumin, pepper sauce and chile's. Serve with additional red pepper sauce if desired

MY TIPS
I tested it at 8 hours, and some of the beans were not as soft as I'd like. I turned it on high and let it sit a while longer and they all softened up pretty good.
I added the cumin, pepper sauce and can of chile's to the mix and cooked it together. I didn't add it at the end. I wanted the taste of those to cook with everything else. I thought it should have a little more kick to it though, so maybe next time I'll add it at the end like it says. Maybe the cooking took the flavor of the pepper and chile's out... I don't know.
I also added some cornstarch & water to try to thicken it a little. It seemed more like a soup than a stew. I also added sour cream, white cheese and some tortilla chips as a garnish and it was great! That helped thicken my bowl up too. I bet it's even better tomorrow after it thickens naturally.

If you try this and revise anything, let me know how it goes!
Enjoy being a mom all day!!


0 comments: