.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
CHECK OUT MY VIDEO INTERVIEW WITH PETER WALSH from TLC's Clean Sweep.

Friday, August 8, 2008

RECIPE - Tangy Pasta Salad

I love this recipe! It is what I'm always asked to bring to 4th of July and any other party we have.



***** 5 Stars being the best
* 1 Star being the worst

Recipe #3
Taste *****
Prep **
Serves 8

Tangy Pasta Salad
6 slices Oscar Meyer Bacon
1-1/4 cup Miracle Whip Salad Dressing
2 Tbsp. Sugar
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1 pkg (16 oz) pasta (tube, macaroni or corkscrew) cooked, drained.
3 carrots, shredded (optional)
1 green pepper, chopped
1 red onion

COOK bacon in skillet on medium heat to desired crispness. Drain bacon, reserve 2 Tbsp drippings. Crumble bacon and set aside.

MIX reserved drippings, salad dressing, sugar and garlic salt in large bowl. Add remaining ingredients; mix lightly. Refrigerate.


MY TIPS:
I always double this recipe for big parties, plus it's great left over! I usually just mix all the ingredients in the pot I cooked the pasta in after I drain it. It saves me from getting another bowl dirty and it's huge so there is a lot of room to mix it all up, especially if you double the recipe. Then I put it in a large Tupperware container and refrigerate! Sometimes before I serve it I add more Miracle Whip because I think it seems like the pasta soaked it all up overnight and it can seem a little dry. But that's just my opinion.

I hope you and your family enjoy this as much as ours!


Enjoy being a Mom All Day!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

0 comments: