.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
CHECK OUT MY VIDEO INTERVIEW WITH PETER WALSH from TLC's Clean Sweep.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Toddler Dicipline... "NO" vs. "Naaahhhh".

I've discovered NO doesn't work! At least for me. Since my now 18 month old was old enough to crawl, I would always say "Naaahhh" instead of "No". She responded to it much better than No, especially because I would make a face when I said it. If she was about to put something in her mouth that was yucky, so I'd make a yucky face and say "Naaahhhh, yucky" and she'd put it down. I never took the item from her, but I let her make the decision to put it down herself. From that point on she would always look at me before putting something in her mouth to see what I'd do, and never just put it in.

Staying calm, not yelling and saying "Naahhhh"... It's a good thing!

Enjoy being a mom all day!

0 comments: