.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
CHECK OUT MY VIDEO INTERVIEW WITH PETER WALSH from TLC's Clean Sweep.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Bundt Shaped Pumpkin Cake

So I saw someone on television mMake a pumpkin cake out of a bundt cake. Mine by faI r does NOT compare to what I saw on TV, but I wanted to share it anyway! I have been wanting to try that new glazed icing by Duncan Hines called Amazing Glazes and thought this was perfect for it.

What you need:
Bundt Cake Pan
Two cake mixes
White Amazing Glazes by Duncan Hines
White Frosting
Food coloring
Icecream cone


I started with two bundt cakes (made from your favorite cake mix). I used chocolate and yellow mix for variety. I chose Pillsbury mix because there were baking instructions on the back for a bundt cake pan.

After cooled, turn them over and slice the bottom off of each so they are flat when they are placed together. Otherwise it will look like a snowman body instead of a pumpkin shape.


Place the two cut sides of the cake together so the cakes are on top of each other. I used the white frosting in between the layers to adhere the cakes slightly.

Take the Amazing Glazes and microwave according to instructions on back. Open and add red and yellow food coloring to obtain a desired orange glaze. I used about 3- 4 drops of red and 5-6 drops of yellow to obtain this lighter color orange. I recommend doing this on wax or parchement paper to catch all the drips, and there will be plenty.

Mix blue and yellow food coloring in the remaining white frosting to obtain a green color.
I used this for the "grass" at the bottom and the leaves and vines on the top.

Use a sandwich bag with an icing tip to draw on some grass around the bottom and the leaves and vines on the top of the pumpkin. Place a chocolate icecream cone in the center for a stem.
My grass did not turn out how I expected and next time I'll spend more time on it! I was just trying to fill in the chocolate cake on the bottom as much as I could.


Enjoy being a Mom All Day!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comments:

Marni's Organized Mess said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!