.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
CHECK OUT MY VIDEO INTERVIEW WITH PETER WALSH from TLC's Clean Sweep.

Monday, September 14, 2009

RECIPE - Crockpot Italian Pot Roast

I got this recipe from Meals.com, a great place for recipes! I did tweak it a little though to fit my needs for a meal and gave a few of my own tips for it. Thought I'd tackle it this week with my other new recipes I'm attempting!

***** 5 Stars being the best
* 1 Star being the worst


Italian Pot Roast
Taste *****
Prep ****


1 lb beef roast
1 packet Au Jus Seasoning
1 packet dry Italian Dressing
1 can (12 oz) tomato juice
1 package small baby carrots
3 medium potatoes, peeled, cubed
Black pepper to taste

Rub pepper and 1/2 of the dry Italian dressing pack on all sides of roast. Sear on all sides for a short time (you don't have to do this, you can just stick the roast in the crock pot right out of the package). Place roast in crockpot. Place carrots and potatoes in the crockpot. Sprinkle remaining Italian dressing packet, Au Jus seasoning and tomato juice in bowl and mix. (Don't worry if there are lumps, they will work out during cooking). Pour the mixture over the roast and veggies. (I added about 1/2 cup of water also, but it's not necessary)

MY TIPS
I cut the potatoes into fourths and microwave them for a minute or two to help soften them up just a touch because the crockpot does not always cook potatoes throughly. I usually put them on a paper plate with a dry paper towel under them and a damp paper towel covering them. They seem to cook better and be softer when the meal is complete. I also used whole carrots sliced up instead of whole baby carrots.

Cook on low for 8-1/2 hours or high for 4-1/2 hours.


Seared meat in crockpot, carrots and potatoes ready to go in.

Ingredients in crockpot with juices, ready to cook.

After 8-1/2 hours
Next time I will add MORE potatoes and carrots.
Plating it


Add some rolls and your finished! YUM!
It was D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S !
And very easy to make. Highly recommend!
Check Spelling




Bookmark and Share



Enjoy being a Mom All Day!
<span class=

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! Looks like an appetizing tackle!

Andrea said...

That does look delish!! Good tip about the potatoes. I'll have to remember that. Thanks!

Here's my tackle: http://www.chocolatefingerprints.net/2009/09/tackle-it-tuesday-pretty-in-pink.html

B said...

Wow thanks for sharing that recipe. I have never made a roast I liked in the crock pot yet. They always seem rubbery.

Susie said...

What a yummy tackle:-)

Braley Mama said...

I love pot roast and my slow cooker!
I have got to try this!
Looks very tasty!

annies home said...

love this alternative to the weekly roast thanks for the recipe

Cara said...

Oh this recipe sounds GREAT!!!! I've been looking for some good, easy Crock Pot goodies to try... this will definitely have to go down to try!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog!