.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
CHECK OUT MY VIDEO INTERVIEW WITH PETER WALSH from TLC's Clean Sweep.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

RECIPE - Tex Mex Chili

***** 5 Stars being the best
* 1 Star being the worst

Tex Mex Chili
Taste *****
Prep ***

1 Lb Ground Beef

2 cloves garlic - minces
3 tsp chili powder (3-4)
1/2 tsp ground cumin
(1) 15-1/2 oz can red kidney beans, drained
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
(1) 16 oz can tomatoes - cut up or diced
(1) cup V8 juice or tomato juice
(1) 6 oz can tomato paste (I don't use... it's thick enough already for me)
(1) Rotel tomato and small can chilies (Optional... I don't use these)
1/4 tsp salt
Shredded cheddar cheese
Sour Cream
Crackers

Serves 4-6, but my husband ate the entire 1 lb batch by himself. SO, I ALWAYS DOUBLE the recipe above!

In skillet, brown meat and garlic. Drain. Stir in chili powder and cumin, cook 2 minutes more. Meanwhile in 3-1/2, 4, 5, 6 quart crockery cooker, combine beans, celery, onions, green peppers. Add undrained tomatoes, Rotel tomatoes and chilies, vegetable juice, tomato paste and salt. Stir in cooked meat. Cover and cook over low heat setting for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.


Ladle chili into soup bowls. Add shredded cheese and sour cream and serve with crackers!


Ingredients

Browning meat
(can do the night before and store in the fridge)


Adding everything to the crock pot the next morning

Add the V8 juice.
I DON'T add the Tomato Paste, it's already thick enough in the end.


Add the meat and stir.
Cover and cook 8-10 hours on low.

Made it another day with a crockpot bag and I loved using it.


MY TIPS
I always add more green peppers and vegetables than it says. I don't measure the cup or 1/2 cup that they say. That's whey mine is thick enough that I don't need the tomato paste. You can't go wrong with the ingredients. If you like more green pepper and less onion, just add more of one and less of the other! ALSO... it's much better the next day as most chili is!


Bookmark and Share



Enjoy being a mom all day!

1 comments:

Michel-lee said...

Where can I purchase crock pot bags and how much were they? I've never seen them before or I might have over looked them in the store. I love easy clean ups.