.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
CHECK OUT MY VIDEO INTERVIEW WITH PETER WALSH from TLC's Clean Sweep.

Monday, February 2, 2009

Tackle it Tuesday - Ice clean up!


We've had a huge snow and ice storm this past week (See photo's in previous post) and the ice is so thick in some places you just can't even break through it. So I'm tackling the ice! I started with my side porch which was not so thick and pretty easy to get up. But my driveway is a completely other story as you'll see below.

Here is a BEFORE of my side steps and porch covered in some ice


Here is the after of my side steps and porch



This is the rest of my "ice" tackle has yet to be done! And this photo only shows the front driveway, I didn't get a photo of the hill going down to the back driveway that is covered in ice too! UGH
Enjoy being a mom all day!

10 comments:

Robyn said...

salt wasn't working b/c it was too thick in some spots... so an ice breaker thing (sort of looks like a hoe with no bend in it)... and just bash it and hope it breaks apart. Then I used my snow shovel to get the big chunks out of the way. I need to get back to it tomorrow!

Amanda said...

Yikes! Good luck with that! lol We dont try to remove ice around here. We wait til it melts. :) The joys of living in Minnesota.

God bless-
Amanda

Anonymous said...

UGH! I had the joy of doing that to my driveway too. Good times, NOT!

Susie said...

Great tackle! I am feeling shame. Mine is twice as bad:-(

Anonymous said...

Awesome tackle. It's snowing here today. I guess I should be out tackling my steps too :) Have a great week.

Tanya said...

That ice on the sidewalks/steps is a real bugger! When the sun doesn't come out soon enough, you don't get any help from mother nature either. Good tackle!

Eli's Lids said...

What a feat!! I have no concept of snow chores, but this looks like so much work :)

Kari @ A Giveaway Addicted Mommy said...

I feel it is a losing battle... I just wait until spring. :)
We are getting another storm on Wednesday evening through Saturday. Basically I just let the snow and ice win. We wear those little gripper things on our shoes and they work wonders!
I know how much work that can be so I give you super kudos for all your work!

Anonymous said...

What a tackle! Hope it warms up and melts the ice. :)

MOMMY-MOMO said...

good job. does not look fun :)