.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
CHECK OUT MY VIDEO INTERVIEW WITH PETER WALSH from TLC's Clean Sweep.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Tackle it Tuesday - Why?

Sorry I haven't posted in a while.... but my dad passed away on December 30th very unexpectedly. I've been trying to cope with it all and it's been hard.

My Tackle it Tuesday is tackling the question "why". I know that question comes up with all deaths, but it really comes in to play with him. There are a lot of questions to answer and I hope we will get them soon, but any report we see will just make me hurt more.

He was 68, would be 69 on January 28th. He went in for cancer surgery on his jaw & tongue on December 4th. He was in a rehabilitation center doing physical therapy and was rushed back to the hospitals ICU. His intestines and colon were dying. 2 surgery's later they realized that it wasn't healing and only getting worse. You can't live without your intestines and colon. I live next door to my parents so seeing him everyday was normal. It's so hard to think of what he went through that last month of his life. He was suppose to be home within 6 days after his cancer surgery. People have told me that it gets better with time, but I don't know about that. I miss him so much.

Robyn

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Hi Robyn,

It must be hard to deal with something like this, especially when it happened relatively suddenly. My grandpa died over four years ago, and there are still moments when we miss him terribly. I hope that, in time, you'll be able to come to terms with this great loss and find peace. It takes time. I'm sorry for your loss.

Toni said...

I'm so sorry - my heart goes out to you and your family. I don't think the grief from the death of a loved one ever goes away - it just gets a bit easier to deal with in time. Much love to ya!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that. I wish I could give you why? But I pray for you.