.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
CHECK OUT MY VIDEO INTERVIEW WITH PETER WALSH from TLC's Clean Sweep.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

What is wrong with Schools today???

I just can't believe all the stuff going on with schools today. For example, my almost 6 year old niece takes the bus to and from her preschool. My sister was waiting for her at the bus stop the other day and the bus driver pulled up, and kept going! Didn't stop to let my niece off. My sister hobbled (she's been on crutches for 3 months now) into the house and called the school, who contacted the driver, who turned around and dropped her off. WHAT??? No wonder kids get left on buses all day. I think he said there were to "Olivia's" on the bus and he got confused or something. Why is he a bus driver then?

Then, the same day, my same nieces friend (about 6 years old) had fallen off the monkey bars at school. These are apparently old monkey bars where many kids have been hurt before. Why they don't remove them is beyond me, or at least put some recycled tires under them for softness instead of the dirt or concrete they have. Anyway, she had fallen off and was crying pretty hard. The teacher had told her she was ok and not to worry about it. She cried the rest of the day and when the bus dropped her off, her mom heard her crying on the bus and asked her what happened. She said she fell off the monkey bars and her words "mommy, why does the bus driver had to drive so slow, I just wanted to go home faster". They took her to the hospital where they told her she had a broken bone and is now in a cast. WHAT???? Doesn't a teacher know that when a six year old falls off something as high as monkey bars, then cries the rest of the school day and doesn't stop, that SOMETHING is wrong???

The parents were going up to the school to talk to them and I haven't heard what happened.

When my 20 month old daughter starts school, I am going to be that parent that is asking questions, stopping in class, contacting the teacher constantly. I plan on talking to each of her teachers and letting them know that THEY are responsible for my childs health and safety while in their care and I expect to be notified if anything happens. I will leave my all contact phone numbers for her and expect a call immediately from her. I don't know if that will help, but I'd rather have a teacher know how to contact me and that I want to be contacted right away if anything occurs. Guess I have 5 or 6 years to get to this point anyway. LOL

Vote for my blog Mom All Day on Mom Blog Network
Enjoy being a mom all day!
Robyn

1 comments:

Robin said...

Good Points! Just stopping by to say hello. Hope you are doing well. I haven't posed recently on my mommy blog, but have done so on my other 2 blogs. So I hope you will make your way over for some encouragement and inspirational music and videos. God Bless and I hope you have a wonderful week.